We welcome you to join us this July 12-14, 2021 for a virtual meeting on
“Researching Intercultural Perspectives, Problems,
and Relationships beyond the Pandemic”
Since the International Academy for Intercultural Research (IAIR) Conference in Rapperswil, Switzerland is postponed to 2022 (Preconference 23-24 July, IAIR Conference 25-28 July), we will instead be hosting our first “IAIR Webinar” during part of the original conference dates of July 12-13, 2021.
We are planning a program that we hope keeps Academy Fellows and Members connected and updates us on important developments in cross- and intercultural research.
Confirmed Keynote speakers already include:
- Shinobu Kitayama (University of Michigan, current President of APS)
- Richard Shweder (University of Chicago, past President of SPA)
- Patricia Greenfield (UCLA, recent President of IACCP)
IAIR 2019-2021 Award winners will present their work, along with the President’s Address and several “rapid-fire” “cutting edge” Discussion Panels with IAIR Fellows sharing short synopses of current research:
(1) “Recent Research in Focus” = summaries of their recent research, and
(2) “Crossroads for Intercultural Research” = proposals for strengthening the field
The organizing committee (Steve Kulich, Adam Komisarof, Joep Hofhuis) are making arrangements with the SISU Intercultural Institute (Shanghai International Studies University) to host the online event (planning the schedule with 2 off-set time slots that hopefully work for as many time zones as possible).